Opportunities for Your Early Preschooler to Discover and Excel
The Early Preschool classroom at Southside Child Development Center is designed to encourage your child’s growing neutrality and need to investigate. In our safe learning environment, your early preschooler will engage in a range of activities geared to prepare them for preschool, kindergarten and life beyond.
Our teachers plan developmentally appropriate small group interactions to work closely with your child to assure mastery of developmental tasks. Your child will also participate in large group activities to explore concepts and enjoy early literacy experiences.
- Motor Skill Development — hands-on activities, outdoor play,
- tossing, catching.
- Cognitive Development — puzzles, games, recognizing shapes, numbers, and colors.
- Language Development — reading, recognizing and forming letters, storytelling.
- Artistic Development — art projects, construction projects, dramatic play.
- Age: the year before kindergarten
- Child-teacher ratio: 1:9
- Curriculum planned to fully prepare children for kindergarten by providing them with many opportunities to expand on learned concepts and talents.
- Teachers dedicated to the development of trust, safety, and emotionally growth
- Weekly Lesson Plans created to enhance and encourage development